GOVERNMENT CONSULTATIONS...can be found on every issue that is relevant to our lives. Effective changes in Policy will only happen if we engage communities to respond to the Policy Making Process. Ordinary people 'Having their Say' is essential...
What concerns 'YOU'...can be found on these links. Every issue...not only 'Crime'...but a wide range of Consultations including Citizens & Rights. DirectGov list all the Government Consultation Websites:-
Ministry of Justice: Monday, 30th January, 2012 the Justice Secretary launched this important Consultation “Getting it right for Victims & Witnesses”...
- A new Victims Code to include a set of separate, additional entitlements which those bereaved by homicide can expect from criminal justice agencies;
- Protecting compensation payments for pain and suffering for relatives bereaved by homicide;
- Protecting the award that goes to bereaved children for loss of parental services;
- Removing the rule that makes reductions to compensation awards to bereaved family members if the deceased had criminal convictions.
- Ending payments for minor injuries such as a sprained ankles, cuts and grazes;
- Greater funding for victim support services, better targeted at those most in need;
- Stopping criminal injuries compensation payments to people with unspent convictions – totalling at least £75million over the past decade;
- A simpler route of complaint and redress for victims;
- Giving new Police and Crime Commissioners a key role in deciding the priorities for local victims’ services;
- Ensuring more voluntary organisations have access to long-term funding.
Communities & Local Government - www.communities.gov.uk/corporate/publications/consultations
E. & O. E